4/26/2009

'Tis the Season to Eat Fruit

I ate an entire cantaloupe yesterday.




Today, I bought another one. I move like this often, slipping from one obsession to the next. Lately, it's cantaloupe.

I love how impossible it is to eat cantaloupe half moons from the rind without getting it all over your face, the sticky juice streaming down your cheeks. Beautiful. It makes me feel 5 again. Sticky hands, cheeks and all.

Speaking of being five, these ice pops are a great, easy way to incorporate more fruit into your diet. Now that the winter freeze has subsided, 'tis the season to dive head first into fruitdom... and head to the shore. Plus, everything always tastes better at the beach. I can't wait!


Currently baking these pumpkin muffins from Smitten Kitchen. I'm sure they would be just delightful with my mother's cream cheese icing.



Until next time, my lovelies. I'll be watching Audrey Hepburn movies and dreaming about the perfect Park Slope apartment.

0 Responses: