4/20/2009

The Enchanted Broccoli Forest

Photograph by Ay Mujer

Good evening, friends, and welcome to my new little blog, the title of which is inspired by none other than a half-eaten beautiful hot pink cake. It was about 4:27 in the afternoon on a Monday when I encountered such a cake sitting in a partially open white square cardboard box on a coworkers desk. Of course, I opened and wafted. Who wouldn't?! 

And in a breath of unmistakable logic, I thought, obviously, I have to blog about this! Look at that beautiful mother of a cake, sitting all alone in it's perfectly square box, smeared with pink icing....

So here I am, dreaming about pink cake. A quiche is in the oven, recipe from none other than Mollie Katzen's The Enchanted Broccoli Forest. There is certainly something wondrous about old cookbooks like these, full of flavor and life. 

0 Responses: